Monday, December 8, 2008

Obama Caught In a Lie On "Meet The Press", Will Probably Go Unnoticed By Black Idealists

Obama is a smoker. That's not a huge deal to most people. However, him lying about it is. Why? Because Black America has done such a thorough job of idolizing Obama that character defects such as vain posturing (which I will discuss another time) and crafting empty promises as answers to straight questions go unnoticed and therefore unquestioned.

During his latest appearance on NBC's "Meet the Press" program, Tom Brokaw accused Obama of having ducked answering a question posed by Barbara Walters during an interview last month.

After remarking that the White House was a no-smoking zone, Brokaw asked Obama, "Have you stopped smoking?"

"I have," Obama replied, after giving one of those big smiles that lets you know he's about to lie or spin something. "What I said was that there are times where I have fallen off the wagon."

"Wait a minute," Brokaw interjected, "that means you haven't stopped."

Now here's the good part:

"Fair enough," Obama said. "What I would say is that I have done a terrific job under the circumstances of making myself much healthier. You will not see any violations of these rules in the White House."

What? You admit to lying but then congratulate yourself for doing so well despite your lies and failures?

Watch the video footage and you will hear Obama concede that he was dishonest for yourself.

Now I know that the morally degenerate will say, "So, what?" when confronted with this lie. They don't think that such a "small lie" could say anything significant about a person's character. The truth of the matter, however, is that it speaks volumes.

My mama uses an old Black adage, "If you'll lie, you'll steal; and if you'll steal, you'll kill." I know your mother or grandmother probably said the same thing. I used to think mama was full of it; but then I grew up and began to see what was really going on. Anyone who is willing to tell a lie to avoid punishment or judgment will do whatever they feel they have to in order to preserve themselves discomfort or disgrace, which can often involve stealing or even murder.

Think about it...

So what does the cigarette lie (and subsequent self-elevation) say about Obama's character to me?

It says to me that if he will lie about something as stupid as breaking his smoking habit, he SURELY will lie about much more important issues, like taxation, terrorist threats, and just about every other issue that's important when you're THE LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD!

Black America, you can't continue to hypocritically judge this man by the color of his skin while whitewashing the content of his character. No one is perfect, but some character flaws are just too big to be typical of a leader as powerful as the President of the United States. The only thing that Obama's experience in politics has proven consistently about his character is his lack of integrity. He will flip flop on anything - even his own assertion that he would not run for President in 2008 because he didn't have enough experience (watch that video clip here)

Unless God helps me, I'm going to be the one right in your face saying, "I told you so" when he runs this administration into the ground. I'm calling the end of 2010 when the house of cards begins to fall...

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I think that was kind of harsh. My grandmother said the same thing but I think we have to look at the issue; is it material in amount enough to even question.

    I don't smoke; never have. But does it really matter. There are so many other things I want him to deal with and publicly address than smoking.

    Lastly, I heard it is very difficult to quit...

    Sai Browne
    Founding Editor
    PoliticsRemixed.com
    OurFirstLady.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it is hard to quit smoking, Sai. Any oral fixation like that would be really tough to overcome, especially if you have to do it cold turkey.

    But that's exactly my point.

    Don't act like you've got the thing licked when you know you're still struggling with it. Obama likes to pride himself on being transparent and morally superior to other politicians, so why lie about how well you're doing? It wasn't even serious enough to be anything but completely honest about it.

    I think that if he had admitted that he was still having trouble to begin with, it could have been really good for his image. He would appear to be powerful but human; it would help the American people sympathize with him when he does something unwise or ineffective. But pretending like you have everything on lock until someone happens to call you on your B.S. lets me know that you generally spin things to make yourself look good, regardless of how big or small the issue really is.

    You don't think that poses a problem in terms of his overall character?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok....how many lies have Bush told and people(not me) still worship him and his doings? We haven't even given Obama a chance to mess up and already people trying to screw up his image over a cigarette? Come on..... : )I knew as soon as he would be announced as the president-elect people would begin to throw fire and do whatever they could do to make him look bad or to make supporters regret voting for him. I dont regret it not one bit. I agree with Sai, there are so many other things he can inform the public with then if or when he will quit smoking. What's the big deal.....ok...the white house is non-smoking....he got all of outside and patios to do his thang if he chooses to. Yes, it would be even better to see him quit....but I dont think its a big deal at all, whether he lied or not. Now if he lied about fixing our economy...then thats a problem....huge problem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO WHAT!!!! HE SMOKES, YOU TRY BEING THE FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT AND YOU WOULD NEED A SMOKE TOO. I THINK THIS IS PETTY AND JUST ANOTHER EFFORT TO BELITTLE THIS MAN. HIM SMOKING IS SO NOT IMPORTANT RIGHT NOW WITH THE COUNTRY GOING THROUGH THE ECONOMIC CRISIS ITS GOING THROUGH. THERE ARE MUCH MORE IMPORTANT ISSUES AND QUESTIONS TO ASK THAN WHERTER THIS MAN HAS STOP SMOKING.AT LEAST HE WASNT SITTING AROUND WHILE THE COUNTRY WAS UNDER ATTACK OR AT LEAST HE IS NOT CHEATIN ON HIS WIFE OR ON THE NEWS FOR SOME TYPE OF SCANDAL LIKE PREVIOUS PRESIDENTS. PLEASE GIVE THIS MAN A CHANCE TO GOOD AND IF HE DOES SO HAPPEN TO FAIL, HE WOULDNT BE THE FIRST. LOOK HOW MUCH STUFF PAST PRESIDENTS HAVE LEFT BEHIND FOR HIM TO CLEAN UP. HE HAS HIS HANDS FULL STEPPING INTO THE DOOR. SMOKING SHOULD BE THE LEAST OF OUR WORRIES.

    ReplyDelete